Electric Bus Battery Solution
Brief Introduction of Function
In this system, BCU module carries out real-time communications with multiple BMU modules and LDM (insulation detection module) through CAN bus to gain system parameters, such as single cell voltage, box temperature and insulation resistance and so on, collects charging and discharging current through current sensor, calculates SOC dynamically and displays related data through touch screen. BCU manages system after gaining comprehensive information of battery pack through calculation and analysis, respectively interacts with ECU, motor controller and charger and so on intelligently through independently CAN bus and can realize the secondary protection of charging and discharging through relay control to meet diversified safety control demands of customers, ensuring stable and effective operation of system.
Battery Cluster-management unit (BCU) Function
• SOC estimation: use Joint EKF algorithm to estimate SOC of battery pack dynamically.
• Current detection: carry out real-time detection of current in charging and discharging circuits through Hall current sensor.
• Communication function: externally installed 3 CAN interfaces, which can be used to communicate with BMU, complete vehicle controller and charger and so on to exchange voltage, temperature, fault code, control command and other information.
• Alarm and protection: when there is fault as over-charge, over-discharge and so on, BCU can perform the corresponding alarm and protection according to fault status and display it on LCD screen.
• System expanding: BCU supports multiple channels of active/passive node output and can realize two-level control management through CAN communication and relay to ensure effective isolation of strong and weak current and meet diversified safety control demands of customers.
Parameters of BCU module
Insulation Detection Module (LDM) Function
LDM is used to detect whether the battery pack has electricity leakage on vehicle body. LDM receives the command from BCU through serial bus and transmits the detected data information to BCU, which then will deliver LDM status to display screen. Method to judge whether the battery leaks electricity onto vehicle body: respectively detect whether the insulativity between positive/negative pole of vehicle-mounted battery and body shell is more than 500Ω/V.
Display Screen (LCD) Function
The display screen is human-machine interface for displaying system operation status. All its models are designed according to industrial standard and suitable for applying in various conditions. The display interface of LCD can display all operation parameters and faults of system.
Status description of LCD
The operation indicator of display screen includes three ones: power supply (PWR), running (RUN) and communication (COM). When the display screen is powered on, the power indicator (PWR) is normally on; if the running indicator (RUN) is normally on in yellow, it stands for normal running of display screen; if the running indicator (RUN) is not on, it means that the display screen has fault; when the display screen has connected with BMS, the communication indicator (COM) flashes in yellow.
LCD Display Interface image
Model Selection Table of LCD
Installation Dimension and Weight of BMS
BCU Interface Description
BMU Interface Description
LDM Interface Description
• Front interface of LDM
• Back interface of LDM
5.7″ LDC Interface Description
CS Interface Description
BMS Wiring Diagram
Get in Touch
More info about our company and our batteries, please feel free to contact with us, our team is ready to support you.
Phone: +86-769-85373696 or +86-769-85373969
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com